Saturday, January 23, 2010

SHOPPING FOR BABY GEARS

I have started listing for baby gears & equipment since last month. This month I have started some shopping and surveying for some of the baby gears. But unfortunately I cant get it in Kuantan. It looks like I have to settle for basic things for now and maybe if I have the time and energy, I will shop in KL too. I am now closing to 6 months pregnant in 2 weeks time, and my gynie advised me to do all the heavy work now, that once I enter 24 weeks (6 months), I will not be that mobile anymore. I can feel that right now.

First thing in my list was a Baby Cot. What in my list was a Co-Sleeper (also serves as baby cot during the day, but more handy at night). A few baby shops I walked in dont even know what Co-Sleeper is, some of them looked like they never heard it before. So I had to explain it to them what I want. A Co-Sleeper is a baby cot, but the bedding can be elevated high or low, so when at night, we can attach the cot to our bed, co-sleeper comes with the hooks and gadgets for the attaching part, so the baby can sleep right next to us, without having to share the same bed as us. It's really handy especially for night time feeding etc.

I couldnt find it here, so I just settled for the ordinary baby cot, white color and maybe I have to do the attaching to my bed myself, maybe I have to put some strings around it or what.

Second thing in my list is Baby Carrier & Baby Stroller. Price for these strollers a mount high. DEpending on the brands, Combi, Graco, My Dear etc, I think I would settle for something that is not too pricy and not too big when I fold them, otherwise it wont fit into the trunk on my car!!
I have found one unit, and it's not that expensive, but maybe I will be looking for separate buy, carrier and stroller, depending on the cost. Otherwise I will just settle for baby Stroller and Carrier in one package.

The next item on my list will be Baby Changing Tray. In Ikea Mutiara Damasara, I saw one that is not that expensive, but quite bulky. The changing tray is on top, and below, there are few stacks with doors. The colour is bright Red and Dark Blue only. Price is around Rm400 only. I guess it's a good buy.

Once I have done shopping for the big items, I will start collecting the small items and of course baby clothing as well. This can be done later in a month or so.

My God, I am feeling very happy and energetic right now!...

Thanks for the 20% expansion of the blood circulation in my body!! Pregnancy is beautiful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment