Sunday, August 26, 2012

COUNTER OFFER

Ever since I have put in my resignation, there are a few phone calls from the bosses asking me to re-think about my intention. But until today, there is no firm counters  that I can re-consider.

As of today, the resignation clock is still ticking and I am still leaving.
In fact I am so excited to join the new company, BASF-Petronas, even though the enviroment might be a bit tough (having to work from square one), but I can really cherish every single effort, and I am going to stay there for a very long time.
I weighed all consequences and here they are :

Pro-BASF
1. Closer to home (takes only 20 minutes to office)
2. Offer better money.
3. New area - procurement is something new to me, and I am willing to experience the challenges and makes me more versatile.
4. I dont get to go out that much anymore, since the new post - people will look for me.
5. Same holidays and rest days with hubby. Since both are in Kuantan, we can enjoy more family time.

Con-BASF
1. I have nice environment to work, I like my bosses, my colleagues, my engineers and team members, they are okay and we can work very well together.
2. Doing vendor works is a walk in the park for me, easy since 2002 I have been doing vendor works.
3. Lesser pay, but I am happy.
4. Very far from home, i have to travel 1 hour to get to work every single day.
5. More responsibility. At the moment, I am looking after the workshop and there are tonnes of thing to look after and to be done.
6. Currently I am doing a lot of travelling and that requires alot of energy.



So if you were in my shoe, wouldnt you agree with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment